Coalition of Service Industries Internships
Coalition of Services Industries
The Coalition of Services Industries (CSI) is the leading industry association that represents the U.S. services economy, which employs over seventy-five percent of the U.S. work force and contributes to over $750 billion in U.S. exports. CSI regularly works with the U.S. Government, members of Congress, and foreign governments to promote the interests of its membership, which includes U.S.-based global services companies and their enterprises.
Internships are awarded on a semester basis.
CSI is looking for a part-time intern to assist in the office, participate in meetings, and attend events and conferences. The intern will be responsible for assisting in long-term Coalition projects which involve researching trade related issues and drafting educational material for Congress and the public. In addition, they will support the coordination and organization of CSI events, including the annual Global Services Summit.
CSI is a small team which supports a large membership and acts as the steward for the Team TiSA Coalition. Individuals interested in the internship must be comfortable taking responsibility for projects and working independently in addition to working in a team.
- Undergraduate degree (or currently in the process of receiving one)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience with administrative tasks, i.e. taking phone calls, organizing meetings
- Expressed interest in trade, in particular trade in services issues
- Self-starter, highly motivated and proactive
- Marketing experience a plus