CSI is hiring! Please view the description below, as well as the information to apply:
Director, Federal Affairs, U.S. Coalition of Services Industries (CSI)
Based in Washington, DC, the Director of Federal Affairs is responsible for monitoring regulatory, legislative and policy developments relevant to services and financial services trade, drafting position papers, and assisting in the development of Administration and Capitol Hill strategy and advocacy for the association. The position will work closely with the CSI President and association member companies on Administration and Capitol Hill position papers, strategy and other activities. Responsibilities will include management of CSI’s Capitol Hill relations, including maintaining and cultivating relationships on behalf of the association with Congressional policymakers. He/she will also ensure that CSI is effectively and strategically involved on services trade issues as they pertain to the US legislative agenda.
For this role, we are seeking an accomplished individual with experience either working on or with Capitol Hill and background on international trade policy. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of legislative process and have great interpersonal skill.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working on Capitol Hill or with legislative issues and/or trade policy. Experience with China or India Trade Policy is a plus
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Sound political judgement
- Solid writing skills, particularly with respect to the drafting and editing of position papers, talking points, memos
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills with the ability to deliver effective and innovative results