Each year the Coalition of Services Industries (CSI) hosts the Global Services Summit, a one-day event which brings together more than 300 key senior trade officials, policy makers, and business leaders from around the world to discuss current international trade issues, with specific interest in services. The day is filled with panels and one-on-one conversations with leaders in trade who discuss the current and future trade environment.
The United States is the world’s largest exporter of services and a leader in services trade. Growth in the trade of physical goods – like food, computers, phones, clothing, and cars – has been steady, keeping pace with rates of U.S. economic growth in recent years. By comparison, services trade has grown explosively, with real U.S. services exports having grown by over 600 percent since 1980. This year, with the theme "Charting the Course for Growth," the Summit will focus on how services contributes to overall economic growth, especially in the ways services enable the manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Registration is open - purchase tickets here !
- 2016 Global Services Summit Program Books
- Guests mingling during breakfast
- Steve Simchak, from AIA, serving as the morning MC at the 2016 Global Services Summit
- Dorothy Dwoskin, from Microsoft, introduces the first presentation
- Capitol Hill Perspective on the Impact of Upcoming Elections on TPP, TiSA, and TTIP
- Former Mayor Michael Coleman before his panel
- Christine Bliss, President of CSI
- Brexit-Implications for Services in the UK, the EU, and Internationally
- Trade in Services as the Key Economic Driver of Economic Revival of U.S. Cities
- Thank you Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center for the beautiful space!
- The Digital Economy Changes the Way We Comepte
- Guests at Summit
- Laura Lane, Chairwoman of the CSI Board, presenting the 2016 Services Innovation Award
- Laura Lane with Julie Stitzel from Etsy, who received the 2016 Services Innovation Award
- Kent Walker, Senior VP and General Counsel at Google, gives the Keynote Speech at the Summit
- Thank you to Liberty Mutual for sponsoring the dessert bar!
- Growth & Impact of Services Trade in the Asia Pacific
- Financial Services and Cloud Technology
- Thank you to UPS for sponsoring the Summit reception!
- Thank you to all our wonderful sponsors for the 2016 Global Services Summit!